Cryptocurrency wallets are hardware and software wallets that are used to send, receive, and store cryptocurrencies. There are several crypto wallets available on the crypto market but one of the popular wallets is the BitGo wallet.
If you are planning to build a crypto wallet, let us comprehend how to develop a bitcoin wallet app like BitGo.
BitGo, headquartered in California, was co-founded by Mike Belshe and Ben Davenport in the year 2013 with the mission to build people’s trust in digital currency. The wallet has various well-know investors behind it such as Goldman Sachs, Digital Currency Group, Redpoint Ventures, and more.
BitGo is a digital asset trust company that allows storage and trading of digital assets through its wallet services. It is a multi-signature HD wallet with an intuitive interface that is currently being used in more than 50 countries. Various crypto exchanges have integrated BitGo wallet into their platforms.
Currencies supported by BitGo wallet
BitGo was initially designed as a bitcoin wallet but now it supports more than 100 crypto coins and tokens, including BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, XLM, LTC, Dash, Zcash, BTG, ERC20 tokens, and more. It is now being used in multiple financial organizations as a safe and secured wallet for daily transactions.
Salient features of BitGo wallet
Following are the main features of BitGo wallet:
1. Multi-signature wallet solution – BitGo is a multi-signature wallet that requires co-parties to come together to validate a transaction. It enables the safety and security of transactions and minimizes the probability of hacks.
2. Private blockchain – BitGo works on a customized private blockchain.
3. Instant and quick transactions – Crypto users generally worry about the processing time of transactions. BitGo eliminates this concern and enables quick as well as secure transactions.
4. Usability – BitGo was originally a centralized platform wherein apart from users the platform owner had access to users’ private keys. Now, the wallet provides users with complete control over their private keys.
BitGo is built for:
- Desktop application (for both Windows and Linux)
5. Design – It provides an intuitive user-interface with a self-explanatory design for users.
6. Security – BitGo is considered one of the safest crypto wallets globally. It is integrated with advanced security features like multi-signature, two-factor authentication, biometric authentication, and more
How to create a crypto wallet like BitGo?
Creating a cryptocurrency wallet requires a deep understanding of blockchain technology and how to put it into practical use. You need to associate with a leading cryptocurrency wallet development company like Antier Solutions that has the real-world experience to develop blockchain wallet. Whether you want to build BitGo like wallet, or a custom wallet from scratch, we can help. Our domain experts understand your needs and align solutions with your requirements to help you accomplish your business goals.
Additionally, we also offer a white label multi-currency wallet integrated with market-leading features such as multi-sig support, biometric authentication, QR code scanner, two-factor authentication, mnemonic phrases, self-explanatory interface, and more.
Schedule a free demo of our white label wallet or connect with our subject matter experts to share your needs for a custom wallet.